It was to be demolished to make way for a new building and was saved from bulldozers at the last minute. The facade shows a bevelled sandstone arch and the rosette in the gable is made of the same material.
The ceiling is barrel vaulted. The building dates from around 1820 and was dismantled from the garden of the "Sisters of the Good Shepherd" near the Paulinkirche in Trier. In 1984 the chapel was reassembled at the museum as a travellers' chapel and dedicated to St. Nicholas, the patron saint of the old parish church in Konz. Inside there is a statue of St. Nicholas and the gravestone of Christoffel Robischon, an ancestor of the museum founder, Rolf Robischon.
Since the spring of 2013, some tombstones from the cemetery of Konz stand next to the chapel. They needed to be removed during the excavation of the Roman imperial villa in 2007. The tombstones are from the families „Blasius“, „Müller“, „Pütz“, „Greif“ and „Wahlen“. Next to the chapel, there are impressive monuments from the cemetery of Konz, that is located next to the church of St. Nikolaus. They were removed in the course of the excavation of the Roman imperial villa in 2007 and found a worthy place in the museum. Furthermore, a tombstone of the Simon-Schulte family, part of which was also the longstanding tenant of the farm Franz Josef Simon, was placed here. The family allowed us to remove it from the cemetery in Trier.