The Schug house from Roth or also "Schuche house", as it was called, is a half-timbered house with a floorplan two rooms deep. This means that between the entrance on the weather side and the opposite facing eaves there were two rooms.
All the rooms with a specific function such as parlour, kitchen, weaving room and bedroom are on the ground floor. Houses like this have been typical for the eastern Hunsrück since the 18th century.
Built in: 1743
Marianne Gansemer - Heimatmuseum (Moselfränkisch aus Saarburg)
En aalen Scheffmann - Oberbilliger Platt mit Karl-Heinz Zimmer