This type of building, combining the functions of livestock shed and barn under one roof, was very commonplace in the Hunsrück until a few years ago. They usually came into being as a result of stabling cattle in the mid 19th century. The characteristic barn doors are often still seen in many Hunsrück villages today.
Built in: 1897
Dismantled in 1986
Horst Hohl - Die Schräinergoht (Moselfränkisch aus Kastellaun)