The Hunsrückweiler is the first museum village rebuilt by the open-air museum Roscheider Hof and the town hall was the first building translocated into the museum. The project was completed in 2008 with the opening of the school building in Würrich.
In addition to these two buildings, the Hunsrückweiler consists of a smithy, a barn, a bakery where bread can also be baked and several farmhouses representing the different social classes of a village. .
Baking bread, threshing, washing, buttering, twisting ropes, cardirans, spiders, shoemakers at the craftsman's and farmer's day in the open-air museum Roscheider Hof 2003 and 2004
Autumn manoeuvre 1912 of the German army in a Hunsrück village. Living history in cooperation with the
"Historical Presentation Group IR 30 - Count Werder" https://www.ir30.de / Recorded on Living History Day, September 2012
The house was built in 1808 as the property of a rather affluent full-time farmer. It presents a two-storey half-timbered house, three rooms deep, the ground floor living quarters and livestock sheds of which are built from quarried slate.
This farmhouse from Bell was built around 1820 and has the typical appearance of a Hunsrück house. It was designed as a two-storey half-timbered house, two rooms deep, and the entire living quarters are covered on the outside with natural slate.
The picture shows the shepherd's house from Lieg, which was called "Kläsjeshaus". Two-storey house combining living quarters and livestock sheds, two rooms deep, living quarters are half-timbered, livestock sheds are slate covered.
The Bosselstube (handicrafts room) is a type of farm outbuilding, which was often built in the 19th century in the Hunsrück. On the ground floor, which is built entirely of quarried slate, there was a pigsty.
Dismantled in 1986
This type of building, combining the functions of livestock shed and barn under one roof, was very commonplace in the Hunsrück until a few years ago. They usually came into being as a result of stabling cattle in the mid 19th century. The characteristic barn doors are often still seen in many Hunsrück villages today.
The Schug house or also "Schuche house", as it was called, is a half-timbered house with a floorplan two rooms deep. This means that between the entrance on the weather side and the opposite facing eaves there were two rooms.
Added on to in 1774
The Gödenroth parish hall was the first building to be reconstructed in the open air museum. It was first built in 1749 as a single storey shepherd's house for the Hunsrück village of Gödenroth. By 1792 the parish already needed to extend it by one floor to use as the parish hall. It was given a stunted hip roof with a ridge. This is where the bell to summon the parish councillors to meetings was installed. The covered steps leading up to the meeting room were built on the outside on the gable end. This meant anyone spying at the door was clearly visible.